Our church belongs to The United Free Church of Scotland, which is Presbyterian and Evangelical. The United Free Church of Scotland came into being in 1900 with the union of the Free Church of Scotland and the United Presbyterian Church. Both of these arose from the problems caused by state interference in the life of the Church and the issue of patronage in particular. As presently constituted, the Church dates from 1929.
There are 61 congregations scattered across Scotland, from as far north as Shetland with many located in the central belt.